Changes to the e-mail settings starting on May 15th
Starting on May 15th, 2023, ChurchTools e-mails can only be sent from "email@example.com" when using ChurchTools' e-mail server. In menu "System settings" > "Communication" > "E-mail" in the section "E-mail address of site", "firstname.lastname@example.org" will then be displayed and no other e-mail address can be entered. The reason for this change is as follows:
- We can deliver e-mails more reliably by ensuring that DMARC headers are set correctly. Without these headers, e-mails are often rejected.
- The change should make ChurchTools e-mails less likely to end up in spam folders, as correct e-mail settings increase trustworthiness with e-mail providers.
- There should no longer be problems caused by incorrectly set SPF headers.
- The change only affects you if you have changed the sender e-mail address and use ChurchTools' e-mail server.
- Affected or not, you do not need to take any action.
- Sent e-mails will still show the sender's name after the change (e.g. Max Mustermann).
- E-mail replies will go to the sender's e-mail address (and not to "email@example.com").
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Thank you very much.