The new group module goes into Beta 🎉
The new group module is now available for testing. You can activate it in the system settings and enable it for your users through the "Groups (Beta)" permission. Important: The permissions from "People and Groups" continue to apply.
What is new?
- Design: The group module has been completely redesigned, so that the handling is now more intuitive.
- Home page: An improved group overview allows quick access to all types of groups.
- Group table: The new table view allows to show, hide and pin columns and to adjust their width.
- Saved views: Views can be saved along with selected filters, so they can be revisited at a later time.
- Group page: Each group now has its own page. You can go deeper into the most important areas of a group on subpages like Infos, Members, or Meetings.
What is still missing?
We are still working on some features:
- Mobile views of the module
- Newsletter integration
- Serial letters
- Address labels
- Map view
- Group chat settings
- Follow-up settings
- Translations (so far German only)
In addition, features such as the group org chart, group history, and automatic membership setting (formerly "Dynamic Groups") are planned.
We need feedback:
Please try out the new module and let us know your suggestions for improvement via the "Beta-Feedback" button. To get started, simply activate the new group module under System settings > Modules and give the "Groups (Beta)" permission to users who should have access.
Thank you for your help!